Sunday, May 8, 2011

Star Burst

As all artists, I hit a slump. Badly! I blame it on various distractions. The Easter bunny being one!
The only way to climb out of the humongous. deep, dark crater is to get back into the saddle, so to speak. Artists are hard on themselves and always strive towards improvement, in their art, that is.
I think I finally made the breakthrough this week. Before I show what I have done, I will give you an idea of the build up.
For some time now I have been painting on wooden panels, again influenced by year rings, the patterns in wood, the texture, the soul of timber. "Galaxy" is one of a series, which is currently on exhibit with "Jabulisa" a curated travelling exhibition. Another is " Star Burst" and " Dance by the light of the moon". I love pattern, perhaps influenced by years of fabric painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment