Thursday, January 20, 2011

A wonderful new Year

There is something exciting about a new year. It is almost like starting a new book. You just know it will all be new, full of adventure, at times frightening or exciting, inspiring or thought provoking but with loads to anticipate.
My New Year starts off with this new blog sight, created as a birthday gift, by my own " newly acquired daughter in law'', Jeanne. I could not think of a more appropriate gift. Thanks Jeanne for all the effort and the support. Much appreciated. I think I am going to enjoy "blogging".
My studio-gallery in Hluhluwe, heart of Zululand, South Africa, is finally completed and I am busy hanging up the paintings. Hopefully I will open the doors beginning of February. The gallery will be open by appointment only for teh time being.
The space is large enough to host my painting workshops which will commence in March once the heat has broken. I am really looking forward to these and have so many exiting things planned.
At the moment I am working on a series of  paintings about "all things rhino" towards a charity exhibition that our Hluhluwe art group are putting together for June...watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see the new Rhino range. Im sure this year will be wonderful and your work even better. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete